Individuals in Need of Special Accommodations for CE Sessions
All registered persons are required to participate and complete a designated Regulatory Element within a 120-day period that commences with the second anniversary of their initial securities registration, and reoccur every three years thereafter for as long as they remain in the securities business.
If an individual should require special accommodations, such arrangements may be made by their firm through the FINRA with the submission of the proper documentation.
Individuals who may require special accommodations may be eligible for, but not limited to, the following aids or services:
- Wheelchair accessible sites for person with disabilities are available
- Modifications to arrangements to facilitate the use of the wheelchair by the candidates (e.g., desks with appropriate height) are available
- Auxiliary aids or services that can be requested by candidates with disabilities include but are not limited to:
- Extra Examination/CE Session Administration Time
- A Reader to assist in the reading of materials
- Sign Language Interpreter
- Where feasible, examination/CE session will be provided during normal business hours at the nearest convenient testing center
In order to qualify for special accommodations, documentation from the candidate's physician or licensed healthcare professional must be submitted along with a letter from the firm requesting that special arrangements be made for the candidate. The sponsoring firm should contact FINRA Field Support Services at (800) 999-6647, Option 2, to request alternative arrangements or for more information regarding this procedure.
Candidates need to submit the FINRA Special Accommodations Eligibility Questionnaire and Special Accommodations Verification Request Form for all special arrangement requests. All appropriate forms must be completed for the form to be considered. Decisions will be made on a case by case basis based on the documentation submitted. If you should require more information on special arrangements, please visit the FINRA's website.